LET YOUR VOICE
PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITIONS
The Marine Arctic Peace Sanctuary establishes all ocean waters north of the Arctic Circle as a marine protected area free from natural resource exploitation, commercialization and military activity.
MAPS not only:
- Protects the fragile Arctic ecosystem, which is key to keeping our planet cool and helping prevent natural disasters such as forest fires, floods and droughts
- Shelters our oceans and ocean life, which absorb a quarter of the world’s carbon and are essential for the future of humanity
- Safeguards the polar ice caps, which put the brakes on global warming through the albedo effect, by stopping through traffic
- Declares our global commitment to sustainable energies and our cessation of the use of fossil fuels by saying “no” to the unburnable oil resources in the Arctic
- Unites world leaders in agreement that the needs of the collective are equal to the needs of the individual, no longer putting short-term gain ahead of long-term consequence.