LET YOUR VOICE
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION
The Marine Arctic Peace Sanctuary establishes all ocean waters north of the Arctic Circle as a marine protected area, free from oil drilling and all other exploitation.
MAPS not only:
- Protects the fragile Arctic ecosystem, which has been a peace park for thousands of years by its very nature
- Shelters our oceans and ocean life, which absorb a quarter of the world’s carbon and are essential for the future of humanity
- Safeguards the polar ice cap and allows it to regenerate, keeping the planet cool and its weather patterns balanced
- Helps prevent natural disasters such as forest fires, floods and droughts
- Compels a global shift away from fossil fuels to sustainable energy
- Unites world leaders in the commitment to value long-term collective good over short-term individual gain.